Sep 07, 2018
Long-term Care Hospital (LTCH) Provider Preview Reports have been updated and are now available. Providers have until October 8, 2018 to review their performance data on quality measures based on Quarter 1 -2017 to Quarter 4 - 2017 data, prior to the December 2018 LTCH Compare site refresh, during which this data will be publicly displayed. Corrections to the underlying data will not be permitted during this time. However, providers can request a CMS review during the preview period if they believe their data scores displayed are inaccurate.
The following five new quality measures will be newly reported on LTCH Compare:
- Percent of LTCH Patients With an Admission and Discharge Functional Assessment and a Care Plan That Addresses Function (NQF #2631)
- Application of Percent of LTCH Patients With an Admission and Discharge Functional Assessment and a Care Plan That Addresses Function (NQF #2631)
- Application of Percent of Residents Experiencing One or More Falls with Major Injury (NQF #0674)
- Medicare Spending Per Beneficiary-PAC LTCH QRP
- Discharge to Community-PAC LTCH QRP
CMS has decided not to publish a 6th quality measure, Potentially Preventable 30-Day Post-Discharge Readmissions, at this time. Additional time would allow for more testing to determine if there are modifications that may be needed both to the measure and to the method for displaying the measure. The additional testing will ensure that the future publicly reported measure is thoroughly evaluated so that Compare users can depend upon an accurate picture of provider quality. While we conduct this additional testing, CMS will not post reportable data for this measure, including each LTCH’s performance, as well as the national rate. Please visit the LTCH Compare Website to view the new and updated quality data.
For more information: